Relay

I just wanted to give a thanks to Tracy B. who was so sweet to make a donation towards my Relay efforts. We managed to wrangle up a little over $1,200, which I suppose isn't too bad considering there were only about five of us doing any active fundraising. I *will* make it to Platinum status again one of these years!
Again, for any of you who haven't been involved in Relay for Life before, I strongly encourage you to participate. I really don't think it's an experience you can walk away from without feeling happy.
As I walked around the track today (and around, and around, and around!) with my little bug in tow (who knew a one year old could make it three miles in a row?) I felt happy. I really wondered though why life couldn't be like this all the time.
Everyone got along and had smiles on thier faces. Even strangers stopped to help each other out:bringing someone water, helping someone who had difficulty walking, even helping a mother (who shall remain nameless!) wrangle her one year old out who didn't want to sit in his stroller. There were little children and elderly, the perfectly fit, and those who had difficulty walking, all races, ages, backgrounds. There were no mean words, no frowns, no fights. People left their belongings unattended at their tent sites without fear of theft. Even though I've been involved in Relay for quite a few years, the totality of the whole event really sunk in today.
Why can't real everyday life be so good?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Supershooter said...

You are so very welcome! What a great cause, and what a great inspiration you are! Tracey B.